Friday, October 15, 2010

I had to get gas today. Yuck. We waaaaay underestimated gas charges in the monthly budget. That'll change next month!

Lots of visitors today- my parents came for lunch & dinner and one of Tom's friends stopped in for lunch. I explained to my parents about the budget we're following, and even though I found myself apologizing over and over for not bringing them out to eat or feeding them a fancy meal, they're very proud of us and were happy to eat whatever we served them. Lunch was tuna pitas and some leftover Mediterranean chicken with couscous from a couple of nights ago. No complaints.

For dinner we had easy potato cheddar chowder with some modifications- I used tater tots because we had them in the freezer, and also fresh onions instead of frozen. It was good! I was surprised! With some garlic bread, it was a nice, comforting and cheap meal.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio, custom graphics by Tom Martin Art and Design