Friday, October 29, 2010

It's been really tight the past couple of days. We are still working to dig ourselves out of the hole we dug. My car is on empty, but we had to wait for a paycheck to get any gas so I've been using Tom's car. I hate feeling stuck.

Food for the past two days has gone well. The wild rice soup was delicious, though I'm not sure why it used Velveeta instead of cheddar (and the Velveeta was twice as much!). There was enough leftover for lunches for the grown-ups the next day, and I believe there's still one more serving in the fridge.

The Ritz cracker chicken... it smelled great, it tasted good, but the recipe felt really wasteful. I ended up making WAY more "bread crumbs" than we needed, and since I couldn't re-use them after putting raw chicken in with them, I had to toss the remainder. The recipe called for A CUP of melted butter. A whole cup! To dip the chicken in before coating it, and then to pour over the coated chicken pieces. Pfft. I used 1/2 cup instead and it worked out just fine TYVM. The chicken was super moist, and the butter was good, but from the great smell I was expecting more flavor.

This weekend is Halloween! I'm planning to bring the girls trick-or-treating at the Baptist Church and a shopping center Saturday, then they'll go door-to-door Sunday. I've heard we don't get a lot of trick-or-treaters on our street so hopefully when they go out, they'll find houses expecting kids. We bought our candy a month ago so we're all ready. We're having my family out this weekend, so it'll be interesting to see how well I can feed everyone, but I'm sure it'll work just fine.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio, custom graphics by Tom Martin Art and Design