Monday, October 18, 2010

Meh, today wasn't so hot. I looked over both of the circulars for the grocery stores in town and decided to do my weekly shopping at the higher-end store, since they were having a good sale on meat. Unfortunately I realized about halfway through the store that they didn't carry the brands I had coupons clipped for, and the prices on my staple items were more expensive than I normally pay. I ended up spending $150 for the week, which is the max of our budgeted amount-- and I still need to pick up milk (cheapest on Tuesdays so I buy 2 gallons then). I know I did OK this morning, but between that and only clipping 2 coupons from the Sunday paper this morning, I'm feeling a little deflated.

We had to run some errands after Charlie got out from school and got back at 5, when I was informed that "everyone is starving". I'd planned to do a beef & rice bake from e-mealz but I soon realized that it'd take about an hour. I ended up making frozen pizza (which we also had yesterday... ugh...) and still working on the main dish so I could pop it in the oven to finish up tomorrow.

Could have been worse... I resisted some VERY strong peer pressure to go out to eat. But I DID resist! We're now at 18 days of no outside meals, no stops at Dunkin', no nothing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio, custom graphics by Tom Martin Art and Design