Saturday, October 9, 2010

So Oct. 1-7 we spent $137 on groceries including a $20 trip to the farmer's market. I'm pretty impressed by that! And honestly I can't tell you the last time we went a whole week without getting take out or eating at a restaurant. Really, maybe never in our whole relationship. Unfortunately we did run out of stuff after my first $105 food trip... fruit, milk, bread. Staples. But that was simple enough to make a run for that didn't break the bank.

Yesterday I signed up for e-mealz.com which is basically a menu service. You get a list weekly with 7 dinners, recipes, and a shopping list, that should average $75. It's pretty cool because you can subscribe to all these different lists (meals for people on WW, gluten free, low carb, meals for 4, meals by the grocery store you use, etc etc). It's $1.25 a week. Anyway my point is I printed out 2 weeks' meals and I got some really good ideas for the upcoming week so I'm feeling encouraged by this whole thing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio, custom graphics by Tom Martin Art and Design