Wednesday, November 10, 2010

It's Wednesday, or as I know it, Cheap Milk Day. Unfortunately, today is the last Cheap Milk Day because the long-range sale at the store (where every day is a big sale on one particular item) ends this week. Goodbye, Cheap Milk Day. I shall never forget you, nor your $2.29/gallon local milk, or your Double Dollar Coupon Tuesdays, or your 44 Cents a Pound Bananas on mondays. I will weep for the loss of you, my sweet pet. I can only hope that your owners choose to let you give me some OTHER great deal in the upcoming weeks... otherwise, I really have no reason to shop at your store.

Sniffle.

So Cheap Milk Day brought me in the store, and Women's Night Out at church kept me there. See, we're having a huge church fair this weekend, and tonight there's a WNO to have the ladies get together and price items and work on various booths. I had won a Sabra Hummus House Party, and I decided that the best use of my coupons and freebies was to bring items as snacks for WNO tonight. I purchased 4 tubs of hummus and 1 bag of Stacy's pita chips, all free with the coupons from House Party. I'll set these out along with more coupons for my church-y lady friends tonight, and I hope they'll love the hummus as much as I do, since it's my favorite brand.

I'm also baking for the aforementioned church fair, but I needed something I could prepare in advance and keep in the fridge, since we'll be out of town for the next two days. I currently have amaretto chocolate cake balls and mint oreo balls chilling in the fridge, waiting for their eventual swim in chocolate coating later today.

So $17.40 down the drain today, though only $7 of it was for my immediate family, and the rest was for church. Can't feel bad about that!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio, custom graphics by Tom Martin Art and Design