Sunday, November 28, 2010

My Sunday Rite Aid haul

Let me just say... DRAMA! I realized that I didn't get the full P&G circular in my sunday paper, so I had to run to CVS and use some ECBs to buy 2 papers so I'd have the 2 circulars.

Next I went to Rite Aid and took a while to get my 2 transactions together. Once I checked out with my first order, only $2 +UP rewards printed. Uh oh... I very quickly realized I'd bought the wrong Gillete razors. UGH! That $10 in +UP rewards was worth fighting for, so I very apologetically returned the wrong razors and did another transaction.

After all that, here's my breakdown...

2 x Gillette Fusion Proglide razors, normally 12.99/for sale 9.99
-2 $4 off coupons

1 DayQuil & 1 NyQuil 24 ct., normally 7.49, sale $4
-2 $1.50 off coupons

-$5/$25 coupon
-------------------
$11.98
earned $12 in +UP rewards

then...

4x Gillette Clearshield Deodorant, normally 4.99, sale 3.50
- b2g1 free coupon
- $2 coupon (on stick #4)
---------------------
$8.50
earned $4 in +UP rewards
**I really SHOULD have done this scenario twice in one deal and used another $5/$25 off the order, making my total around $4 OOP. Oh well.**

Total OOP: $20.48
+UP Rewards earned: $16
TOTAL PRICE: $4.48

I'm not entirely sure how much of this goes towards Gift of Savings... I *think* it's computed by the sale price of your items, but your coupons and the +UP rewards you earn don't count. If so,
I believe that's about $41 towards Gift of Savings, which gets me $5 back. Seriously, this is nuts. How do they stay in business? I am guessing it's just that the people who pay no mind to sales or +UP rewards trump all the super shoppers who really work the deals.

ETA: Well that explains that... GoS this year looks to be subtracting +UP rewards and Rite Aid coupons and possibly manufacturers coupons too. It'll take a lot longer to get to those reward levels! Still worth entering your receipts though. You never know!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio, custom graphics by Tom Martin Art and Design