Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A really fun chat with Amazon.com customer service.

First, I explain the issue

Me:I paid for overnight shipping, via FedEx, and the package didn't arrive. I called FedEx and they said it never left the local sorting location and it'll hopefully arrive tomorrow. Is there anything I can do about the fact that I paid for overnight and it didn't arrive?

Nishant :Hello, my name Nishant. I'll be happy to help you.

Me:Hi Nishant :)

Nishant :You will receive it by tomorrow. Really?  BY tomorrow?  Will FedEx show up at 11:59 tonight?

Me:I will receive it tomorrow, but it was supposed to be delivered today.

Nishant :I'm so sorry about this. I will issue a $10 promo as a delay to you.

Me:okay... You'll issue what as a what to me now?

Nishant :Is there anything else I can do for you today?

Me:So, just to be clear... will I receive a $10 Amazon credit?

Nishant :Yes.

Me:Will this credit appear to me when I log into my account?  I used to do online tech support for AOL, so I know it can be repetitive... but if someone's offering me a $10 credit I'd really like to know how to access it!  I was trying to help Nishant along by just guessing what the heck he or she was talking about.

Nishant :That's a promo. It will apply for future order.

Me:So the next time I order something $10 will magically appear? At this point I'm giggling and reading the conversation aloud to my husband.

Nishant :Not magically, automatically. You have to click on the apply promo option.

Me:And where will I see this apply promo option? Come on Nishant, bring your A game!

Nishant :While placing the order under payment option.

Me:OK, so there is no code or anything that I will need to use when placing an order? Please, Nishant, just give me a code.  Or SOMETHING.  I'm a bit wary of the promo delay fairy.

Nishant :Not at all.

I will send you a email confirmation as well.

Me:Thank you very much, I appreciate that.

Nishant :Is there anything else I can do for you today?

Me:Nope, that's it. Thank you.

Nishant :Thanks for visiting Amazon.com. We hope to see you again soon!
Happy Holiday to you and your family in advance.  Snort.

1 comments:

Kashmirkat said...

Lol - I could SO add my convo with Medieval Times to yours - but they did really take care of us in the end even with all the time it took - I was basically their guinnea pig on their new fanpass program! haha
I LOVE your recap :)

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio, custom graphics by Tom Martin Art and Design