Wednesday, December 29, 2010

This is why I go to Rite Aid a lot.

I was heading grocery shopping, and my youngest needed Pull Ups to sleep in.  They're normally around $11 a pack.  Now I could have gotten them at the grocery store and paid full price.  I could have just bought them at Rite Aid and used my +UP Rewards that I have saved up.  But with a little more work, I got all this:

DSCN0211

I paid with $19 in +UP Rewards and .65 in cash, and got $18 back in +UP Rewards.  So if you count +UP Rewards as cash, I spent $1.65 for Easy Ups, 4 bodywashes, 1 deodorant, 1 computer mouse, 1 toothbrush and 1 box of cold medicine.  How much of this stuff will I keep?  Well, the Easy Ups... the mouse will get donated to Charlie's school, I'll put aside the bodywash and toothpaste for my brother, and the deodorant (and any other bodywash plus most of what I got earlier in the week) will be donated to either the town food pantry or the homeless shelter.  

If you have the time,  you can work out your shopping trip so that you get your needed item cheaply, plus a bunch of extras to pass along to those who need it.  It feels good!  And it's a little addictive, too!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio, custom graphics by Tom Martin Art and Design