Thursday, March 10, 2011

A quickie for you.

Not an afternoon delight.  That's different.  I like the marshmallows*.

Anyway.

I've been really, really sick.  You don't want me to go into details, but let me just tell you I've only been able to "eat" liquids for the past 3 days and I generally feel like my throat was attached by a pack of irate Rite Aid shoppers who just missed out on free cans of  tuna fish.  So I haven't been shopping (or doing much but sleeping) but do you know what this means?  It means the batch of chicken stock I made last week was a LIFESAVER for me.  I drank all of it over the course of 2 days and not only was it tasty, but I'd like to believe it was more nutritious than the other soup options I had in the house.

I decided to venture out into the world again this morning for a test run to see if I could re-enter the land of the living.  I hit RA, and apparently I got there just after their most notorious smash & grabber left.  I actually saw her, running (yes RUNNING) out of the store with a huge grin on her face, throwing a bag in the car, then heading right back in to do another transaction.  When I got up to the register my resident MOLC (mean old lady cashier) confirmed my suspicions and told me that the last customer had just bought a ton of nail polish and lip gloss.  Oh well.  Funny to actually see it in person, when it's not me getting the deals!

I hit Stop & Shop and did much better.  They're having a deal- buy 4 General Mills cereals, get an instant $6 off AND you get a catalina for a free gallon of milk.  I had printed a bunch of coupons for different GM cereals off various sites, and was able to get all of the following:

8 boxes of cereal (Cheerios (different flavors), Chex, and Cinnamon Toast Crunch)
14 Yoplait Greek yogurts (regularly .99, sale .89, I had a total of $2.80 worth of coupons for these)
2 gallons of milk
-----------------------
total before coupons, sales & promotions: $49.76
I paid: $15.57 (and $9.66 of that was yogurt!)

That's .73 a box for the cereal, not even taking into account the 2 gallons of free milk you earn.  And ALL of the coupons I used were internet printables, so you don't even need to hoard coupon inserts to get this deal!

*This is a Glee joke.  Sorta.  Sorry.  Told you I'm sick.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio, custom graphics by Tom Martin Art and Design