Thursday, January 6, 2011

A couple of quick Rite Aid trips.

Yesterday I went out to snag some Ban roll-on for my brother, who thinks I'm a magical coupon grand master because I like to tell him my totals every time I do a Rite Aid run.  Unfortunately my teeny RA only had a few of the deodorants in stock so it wasn't nearly as impressive as I wanted it to be.  I ended up getting 4 of them "free" with an end profit of a measly .03.  I had wanted to get 8, at which point I would have paid about 10 cents each.

This morning I headed back before I went to grab Mia at school.  I purchased 8 boxes of Special K using 4 buy 1 get 1 free coupons.  The boxes each printed a $1 +UP, plus every $15 worth of them you bought was another $5 +UP.  I ended up "spending" $17.24 in +UP Rewards and getting $18 in +UP Rewards back, for an end profit of .76.  Not bad considering the normal price is $4.79 a box!

I'll be donating most of the cereal, either to the food pantry in town or Rosie's Place in Boston, a soup kitchen/emergency shelter for women  children in Boston.  I was able to volunteer at Rosie's Place a few times over the summer with my church.  We prepared and served dinner every other Tuesday night to around 100 people each evening.  It was always fun, sometimes frustrating, and very rewarding each time I went.  My church takes donations (clothes, perishable food for the food pantry, etc) for Rosie's Place throughout the year and delivers them every time we go to work at the soup kitchen, and I already have a pile of toiletries that are also headed to Rosie's on the next volunteer trip.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio, custom graphics by Tom Martin Art and Design