Sunday, January 2, 2011

Sunday drugstore run...

I prepped to do CVS, Rite Aid and Walgreens this morning.  I've never tried shopping Walgreens, but I figured it was a good time to start... after spending over an hour at CVS and Rite Aid, though, I decided to just go home and try Wags another day.

CVS
1 Excedrin Extra Strength, 1 Excedrin Migraine, 2 Excedrin PM
- 2 FREE Excedrin coupons (cashier rung these up at 4.99 instead of the 5.49 they should have been, but for the deal I was getting I didn't feel the need to complain!)
-2 $2.50 off Excedrin PM coupons
6 packs Extra Desserts gum (these are buy 3 for $2, get $1 ECB, and I didn't realize it was limit 1... again, still a good price and I love this gum)
-$4/$20 email coupon from CVS
I rolled $5 in ECB and paid a little under $2 in cash, earned $11 ECB back.

Rite Aid
My local RA NEVER has the tags up until at least Tuesday.  A few of the cashiers have grumbled to me that they're hard to put up.  So despite my best intentions to go in with a list and the flyer all circled, I still sometimes (often?) mess up deals.  This week there was a Scunci hair accessories deal, so I did a small transaction to see if the Scunci girls products counted.  Nope.  Then I did my main transaction, and after it was over I realized I hadn't met the minimum for Air Wick products, so I decided to just return the Air Wick stuff instead of trying to return it and run the deal the right way.

In the end I'm not really sure how the numbers worked out.  In my first transaction I used all of my +UPs plus paid $10 in cash- then after the return I got $20 back.  Ended up earning $14 in +UPs.  I'd started with $20 +UPs in my worn out little Rite Aid envelope, so I guess it was about a $4 moneymaker.  What did I get?  Good question... 2 L'oreal concealers, 1 tube of Wet Ones, 1 75 oz. laundry detergent, 2 packs of Post It flags, 2 packs of Quilted Northern, 4 various packs of scunci hair accessories.

There were a few Rite Aid deals I didn't end up doing- stuff that was unadvertised and too hard to pull off without the price tags on the shelf.  I'll probably go back in a couple of days to pick up anything I missed.  And maybe I'll try Walgreens, too... if they don't continue to intimidate the heck outta me..

ETA::  I couldn't help it, I went back out to try the AirWick deal again.  This time I was armed with a scenario and the proper coupons.  I walked out with 6 AirWick kits and a profit of $2.  I also ran to CVS (again!) and picked up 2 nail clippers and $1 in profit.  No big moneymakers today, but I love picking up freebies to donate!  Total profit today: $5 at CVS and $5 at Rite Aid.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio, custom graphics by Tom Martin Art and Design