Monday, November 1, 2010

it's Menu Planning Monday!

Normally I pick & choose which e-mealz we'll do for the week, but this time I'm going to "shop from my freezer" and make recipes that rely on meats we've already got on hand. I'm thinking we'll be able to shop fairly cheaply this week, thanks to my awesome parents who brought a bunch of groceries with them on their visit this weekend. Between that and the well-stocked freezer, I'm crossing my fingers that the grocery bill will shrink this week.

Monday: chicken pot pie (defrosting right now)
Tuesday: North Country Stew, garlic bread sticks
Wednesday: Creamy Herb Pork Chops, mashed potatoes, creamed corn
Thursday: Slow Cooker Burritos, yellow rice, salad
Friday: Taco Calzones, salad
Saturday: I Ain't Chicken Chicken, roasted potatoes, some veggies
Sunday: Salisbury Steaks, sugar snap peas

We need a milk run today, but I'm doing the big shopping tomorrow... and gorging on Halloween candy in the meantime!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio, custom graphics by Tom Martin Art and Design