Tuesday, November 2, 2010

It's shopping day!

I combed through the freezer and made a list that I posted on the fridge door. It made it a lot easier to plan meals based on the items I have on hand. At 2 stores I spent $91 and saved $25 with coupons.

And then... then I decided to pick up Toy Story 3, which came out today. I had an $8 off coupon for a specific version of the movie (BluRay & DVD combo) and I had to go to FOUR STORES until I found one that 1) had the version in stock and 2) would accept such a high coupon. I ended up getting it at Target for a total of $16.99, which was cheaper than it would have been at any of the other 3 stores, so it all worked out in the end-- other than the gas I used!

When I realized Tom wouldn't be home for dinner tonight, I changed plans and the girls and I are just having frozen pizza. We'll save North Country Stew for another night, and the recipe definitely looks good so I'm excited. I've also planned to make some pizza dough in the bread machine for calzones later in the week. I haven't used the bread machine since we moved from our house into the apartment last year, so I'm looking forward to getting it back out and getting fresh bread back on the table.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio, custom graphics by Tom Martin Art and Design