Saturday, December 4, 2010

CVS haul 12/4

My husband mentioned this morning that he could use some more shaving gel. Really, he should realize by now that comments like this send me into a drugstore tizzy, since I suddenly have a "real" reason to play the Rite Aid or CVS game. Today, it was CVS. Here's my results:



(sorry for the crappy cell phone picture!)

Transaction #1
Gillette Fusion Shave Gel, 4.79
-$2 coupon (P&G)

Gillette Fusion Razor Cartridges, 15.49
-$2 coupon (P&G)

G-Series Sensitive Shave Gel, x2= 6.00
- 2 $1 coupons (P&G)

-$4 off $20 or more CVS coupon
---------------
$26.28 retail total, - $10 in coupons= $16.28
paid most of it with ECBs rolled from my last trip
TOTAL OOP: 2.91

earned a $4/$20 purchase coupon, and $10 ECB

Transaction #2
Charmin Ultrastrong, x4= 21.32
- 2x $1 off 2 coupons (P&G)

Huggies Pull-Ups 13.49
- $2 off coupon (pullups.com)

-$3 off $15 or more CVS coupon
-$4 off $20 or more CVS coupon (I didn't realize you could use these together- I was distracted and hadn't noticed I handed him 2 but it worked!)
--------------
$34.81 retail total, -$11 coupons= 23.81 OOP

earned $5 ECB
GRAND TOTAL: $26.72 OOP (saved $61.09), earned $15 ECB

My plan was to use the $10 ECB from transaction #1 to help pay for #2, but the $10 ECB didn't print out. I wasn't sure if I hadn't purchased enough in Gillette products to earn the ECB, so after I did transaction #2 I stepped aside and grabbed a flyer to try to figure it out. One of the cashiers saw me and asked to scan my receipt- THEN the $10 ECB printed. So I still got it, but transaction #2 doesn't look quite as impressive as I'd hoped!

But again, considering that we needed all of these items, and the Pull Ups weren't on any particular sale, I'm very happy with this haul!

1 comments:

Money Saving Maine-iac said...

Ha! Too funny. Bud said he was running low on Shaving cream this morning too! This sends me into Drug Store game mode too. :)

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio, custom graphics by Tom Martin Art and Design