Monday, December 6, 2010

Menu Plan Monday!

I don't normally shop at Stop & Shop, but I will this week. See, last week I headed there to pick up 2 gallons of milk (they have a 2/$5 promotion going on and once you buy 6 you get a free gallon) and when I went through the self checkout I realized someone else had left a $5.50 oyno catalina at the machine. I really can't turn that down, and along with dollar doublers this week, it just seems like a good plan. I've never done a full shopping in the S&S near us, but it's HUGE and fancy and I hope I won't get lost!

ANYWAY. Time for Menu Plan Monday! In mostly no particular order:

Monday: turkey grinders (that's subs, or hoagies, for all of you non New Englanders)
Tuesday: salisbury steak (rolled from last week)
Wednesday: taco salad/nachos
Thursday: mac & cheese
Friday: Pizzeria Mia (my 2 year old's 3rd birthday party!)
Saturday: pasta & meatballs
Sunday: chicken fried steak, gravy & potatoes (cube steaks are 2.99/lb this week)

Wow... lots of red meat this week. Luckily most of these are made with ground beef- everything but the chicken fried steaks- and what we have is actually half beef, half ground turkey. So there's SOME poultry in there...

1 comments:

Annett/ Fit Moms Fit Kids Club said...

Turkey grinders sound good, and so does mac and cheese. Someone added butternut squash I think it was to their mac & cheese recipe...that sounded good, I've tried pureed cauliflower. That was good too. Thank God for sales!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio, custom graphics by Tom Martin Art and Design