Monday, January 10, 2011

Menu Plan Monday, here we go...

I fell behind on meal planning during December, but I'm back & ready to do this the right way again.  Thanks to my well stocked pantry and fridge, I only have to buy a few things to make this week's menu work- unsalted butter, soy sauce (how do we not have any soy sauce?) cheese and a deli meat, and a couple of french bread loaves.

Here's my menu list, in no particular order:
Berdean's Cube Steak with mushrooms, sliced potatoes, & salad (ETA:  Don't make this recipe.  Trust me.)
Chicken pot pie with savory crumble topping
Tom's macaroni & cheese (the girls could eat this 14 times a week and still ask for it the next day)
Rebekah's pork chops, sugar snap peas
Turkey or ham grinders
LEFTOVERS!
Tom is also eating at church one night this week, the girls and I will have sandwiches.

On a side note... I'd done SO well shopping for meat in bulk last fall.  My freezer was stuffed to the gills with meats, packaged and labeled in about a pound per package so it was super easy to grab what I needed.  We've always done this with our meats, but I'd hit some great sales and it was so nice to not NEED to buy meat.  I mean really... I hit ONE good sale on ground beef & turkey and I didn't have to buy any more for 3 months!

Well, the freezer supply is certainly dwindling.  I'm down to 2 packs of ground beef/turkey, 2 of pork chops, and one of chicken breasts.  Eek!  We now have an awesome chest freezer so I'm ready for those meat sales to come around again... aaaaany time now... please?

1 comments:

Jenny said...

Looks like a great menu! I am always puzzled when we are out of things like soy sauce and buffalo sauce too.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio, custom graphics by Tom Martin Art and Design