Sunday, January 30, 2011

What a Sunday for sales!

Normally, if you're lucky, ONE store in your area will have good deals in any given week.  Somehow the stars aligned for me, and I have THREE stores running big sales, with another two with good prices on things we needed.  Let me tell you, I've been driving myself nuts planning for today for the past couple of weeks.  My youngest woke up at 5 and wouldn't go back to sleep, so I bundled her up and we went to the 24-hour CVS to pick up some extra papers (4 coupon inserts in each paper today).

So my first shopping trip today was Rite Aid.  I got the following items:
6 Afrin sprays
1 Coricidin cold medicine
3 Colgate toothpastes
1 Dawn dish detergent
1 Neuragen gel
3 Lays Stax
2 NY Bagel Crisps
2 Edy's ice creams
2 Dixie plate pkgs.
Retail price for all was $91.80.  I used $49 in coupons and paid the remainder in +UPs, then 1.83 in cash.  I got back $66 in +UPs and I'll get a $19.99 rebate.  In total, my Rite Aid trip was a $43 moneymaker.

Next I went to Walgreens where I'm still learning the ropes.  I did 2 very simple transactions.  My final haul was:
1 Arnicare arnica gel
1 bottle of Melatonin
2 bottles Renpure conditioner
1 container of Tidy Cats litter
---------------------------------
I paid about $10 OOP for these items (I misplaced my 2nd receipt) and I'll be submitting the 2 Renpures for mail-in-rebates, making my total price around $4 for all the above.

Then I hit Shaw's.  They're having a big catalina deal right now and I didn't want to miss out!  Here's what I got...

4 2-litre bottles A+W rootbeer
4 boxes Orville Redenbacher popcorn
4 boxes Pillsbury brownies
6 tubs Pillsbury frosting (for VBS this summer)
9 jars Ragu pasta sauce
9 jars Skippy peanut butter
-----------------------------------
The total pre-sale price for these items was $84.87.  By combining coupons and the current catalina sale (by breaking up my order into 3 transactions) I spent a total of $17.43.

Finally, and least impressively, I went to Sudbury Farms.  They had boneless chicken breast for $1.79/lb, part of a big 3-day sale.  Here's what I got...

10 bags of Goldfish
10 pounds (approx.) of boneless chicken breast
-------------------------------------------
Total regular price was $60.76, I paid $27.24.


If you want to be ridiculous (and I always do!) and count the money earned at Rite Aid versus the money paid at the other stores, I spent $4 for all of this.  Of course... that's not how the world works ;)  But it's fun to pretend!

And with that, I need to go find the missing receipt... happy Sunday everyone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio, custom graphics by Tom Martin Art and Design