Monday, April 4, 2011

I have a problem. (also, Meal Planning Monday)

It's a big problem.

Ready?


I didn't get any grocery store circulars this week.

I KNOW!!!

Usually I get a Globe Direct mailer on Friday with the sales circulars, but it didn't come.  I figured I'd just wait until the Sunday Globe came (I have a Sunday only subscription for the coupons) but I dug through the paper, and again, no circulars.

What's a meal planning, money saving mom with little to no life to DO?

Luckily for me, both Stop and Shop and Shaws post their weekly sales circulars online.  Unluckily for me, this didn't help me much at Stop & Shop since the Catalina deals I was planning on doing were either 1) gas points instead of a $ off coupon or 2) completely sold out, shelves empty, please drive through.

Grrr.  Anyway, in no particular order as usual, here are our meals for the week...

Smothered pork chops (another Cooks Illustrated crock pot recipe)  and asparagus
chicken stir fry and rice
Rebekah's pork chops with potatoes and asparagus (guess what fresh veggie I got on sale?)
Chicken scallopine with linguine and salad
breakfast for dinner- pancakes and bacon
leftovers

2 comments:

Beth K. said...

oh gasp! Stop and shop had their double coupons this week too!

Rachel said...

Yes and that was ANOTHER problem I had- I brought along all $1 coupons figuring I could pick up the doublers in the store, and THERE WERE NO DOUBLERS! I would have brought lower coupons that DID double if I'd known they wouldn't have doublers... grumble grumble.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio, custom graphics by Tom Martin Art and Design