Tuesday, April 5, 2011

I bought Polident today!

Because really... I am so far gone down the "if it's a moneymaker, I'll buy it" road.  I've thought a lot in the past few months about if there are any moneymakers at drug stores that I wouldn't buy, and I have to say, it's a pretty short list.  Summer's Eve, a sitz bath, anything Sponge Bob... I think that pretty much covers it.

Anyway, one of the things I really like about doing deals at Rite Aid is a program they call Single Check Rebates.  I call it How I Turn +Ups Into Real Live Cash.
  
Single Check Rebates (SCRs) are fairly simple rebates that you can get through the Rite Aid website.  It's great because unlike normal rebates, which require you to mail in receipts, UPCs codes and rebate forms, all you have to do with an SCR is to enter your receipt info online.  Rite Aid tracks all the items you bought, and once a month you request for them to mail you a combined check of all the rebates you got the previous month.  You can either cash this check at your bank or use it at Rite Aid to pay for purchases.

Now, here's where SCRs get really useful:  quite often, Rite Aid will sell items that are completely free after SCR.  Let's take that Polident I bought today.  It was $1.99, with a $1.99 SCR.  If I use $2 in +UPs on this one tube of denture cream, I'll get a check next month that gives me that $2 back in cash instead of an +UP.  And if I have coupons, I can make out even better!  For example, another deal I did today:

(2) Tena Serenity Ultra Thin pads, 9.99 each
- (2) $2.50 manufacturer coupons
-------------------------------------
$14.98 paid in +UPs
submit for SCRs, will receive a check back for $19.98- a cash profit of $5

Suddenly that denture paste and those bladder control pads don't seem like such a bad purchase, do they?

To date I've received SCR checks for $113.97 (and I've only been doing this since November).  This was ALL from purchases I made using +UPs I earned in various deals.  This is money put directly into my bank, no strings attached, just profit.  I love it.  LOVE it.

Have you tried SCRs?  Do you have a store nearby that does a similar type of promotion?

1 comments:

CarlyWriter said...

Rach, ya just never know when that Polident and leak pads are gonna come in handy. Now, if there's a coupon for a cane, I'll be sure to send it your way... :)

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio, custom graphics by Tom Martin Art and Design