Monday, December 6, 2010

So how did I do?

Stop & Shop went fairly well. I walked in and went "woah, they have a Dunkin' Donuts in here... I might never leave!" but I quickly realized that the caffeine affected the shoppers, and not in a good way. It might have been me shopping in the afternoon instead of my normal morning trip, but I had a lot of rude people cut me off or shove by me, or stand in front of the milk while chatting on their cell phone, not even moving when I tried to reach around. I ended up spending $84 and saving $36. I needed to spend around $85 for my catalina to work, so I was buying more stuff than I normally would, but it's getting to the point that I can't IMAGINE spending $150 (my weekly grocery budget) in one trip. I used to spend over $200 in a trip... what the HECK was I buying?!?

I've been keeping a savings spreadsheet since mid-October. At this point I've spent $698 on groceries and saved $312. I average a savings of around 30% per trip with my coupons. It's not great, it's not anywhere hear as good as the pros do, but as a normal mom who only gets 1 newspaper a week, I am VERY happy with it.

I was putting Rice Krispies in my cart today and I knew I was going to pay $1 a box, and I found myself mumbling "that's because I'm AWESOME." Then I realized I said it out loud, and I laughed, which made me look even crazier, but so what! $1 for Rice Krispies! GO ME!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio, custom graphics by Tom Martin Art and Design