Saturday, February 5, 2011

I've been lax!

Sorry, guys... a double ear infection and a sinus infection have pretty much kept me confined to the couch this week.  Sleeping, not posting.  The antibiotics started kicking in yesterday, just in time for Tom and I to go out to dinner and a movie- a total rarity around here!

As we were heading out, we walked by the shelving unit in the basement that Tom set up for me to store my stockpile/freebies/random loot on.  He shook his head as he saw the shelf full of Afrin and other products we never use in this house.  "I know you said they're a money maker, but it's not REAL money.  We can't buy gas with it.  I just don't get why you do it."

I yawned (gotta pop those ears!) and said "you know how you came home from the doctor earlier with a list of things that you needed?  And I went out to Rite Aid and got them all?  It should have cost me about forty bucks, but I paid 4 cents in cash for those items.  They weren't on sale, and I didn't get any sort of deal, but using my 'fake money', I still bought stuff we need."

"FOUR CENTS??  Woah."

I think I got through to him.

Thus ends a great week for Rite Aid shopping, and Shaw's shopping, though being sick really cut down on the number of Shaws runs I was able to do.  There are decent deals coming up at Rite Aid this week, though, so no reason to be upset!

By the way- The King's Speech was good!

1 comments:

Vanessa said...

So sorry you weren't feeling well this week. I know it can be really tough to be sick with a home and children and a hubby to take care of...it must feel great to be back on your feet!I think the hubby will start thanking you. :)

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio, custom graphics by Tom Martin Art and Design